Monday, September 6, 2010

a brand new instalment of the series "And They Say There's No Such Thing As The Hardcore Continuum!"

instalment #9


from

dan hancox tweetstreem:
• fav wiley i/view out-take: unprompted, he essentially outlines the hardcore continuum theory. promise you won't tell simon reynolds plz. LOL about 7 hours ago via Echofon


from
Wiley Zip Files - The Interview

Hancox: British music evolves so quickly doesn’t it?

Wiley: “Yeah – and I like all the elements that we’ve got. When I go to the studio now I stop and I think ‘right, I’m in England’. The music in this country that I’ve been a part of is hardcore, drum ‘n’ bass, jungle, it extends onto garage and then into grime. And if you go back before any of that my dad’s just flooded my brain with reggae, ragga, soul, jazz… so obviously if I’m going to go and make music, I am surely allowed to touch every one of those elements that has been clubbed into my soul.

“It’s all part of it – Rebel MC, Ragga Twins… even Rick Astley, Kylie Minogue; any pop music that came out in the days when I went to school. Whatever I’ve heard is a fusion of what I give back.”

No comments: